BigCommerce Partners With DEITY Providing Mobile Experiences for Enterprise Brands – eSellerCafeeCommerce
BigCommerce, the leading open SaaS eCommerce platform for fast-growing and established brands, today announced that its new partner and microservice-oriented architecture platform DEITY has launched DEITY Falcon for BigCommerce.
A Progressive Web Apps (PWA) front-end that will give merchants the ability to use PWAs to deploy highly-engaging, native app-like experiences on desktop and mobile devices.
DEITY Falcon for BigCommerce is the first direct PWA front-end available within the BigCommerce platform.Using BigCommerce’s highly-extensible open SaaS headless platform, DEITY Falcon for BigCommerce enables enterprise brands to deliver consistent selling experiences across multiple channels from one single platform, drastically reducing development costs and time-to-market.
“With more than 60% of web traffic stemming from mobile devices, brands are increasingly looking for a cost-effective way to not only engage these shoppers where they are, but actually turn that traffic into high-value conversions,”
“This partnership with DEITY reflects BigCommerce’s ongoing commitment to lowering the implementation barrier into leading front-end technologies that deliver amazing high-converting experiences. We’re incredibly excited to see what use cases our ecosystem can launch with DEITY Falcon.” – Nate Stewart, head of product strategy at BigCommerce.
Through DEITY Falcon for BigCommerce, merchants will have the ability to:
- Increase customer engagement. Unlike a native mobile app, PWAs are run through a website, and do not require a download to be accessed through a consumer’s home screen. Additionally, merchants have the ability to send push notifications to mobile devices, allowing them to reach their audience where they are most: directly on their smartphones.
- Reduce development costs. The cost to build a native mobile app can run hundreds of thousands of dollars. A PWA eliminates the need for development, maintenance and marketing of any platform other than the PWA website, drastically reducing cost and time to market.
- Enhance performance. DEITY Falcon for BigCommerce is built for smooth and fast user experiences, and can load within a second by capitalizing on the speed benefits of the web and ‘native-style’ client-side caching. Additionally, PWAs use less disk space, which provides the added benefits of faster load times, less data usage and less required storage space.
- Improve SEO. As a web-based tool, everything developed through a PWA is discoverable by search engines, which means that, unlike native apps, all content can be linked to, shared and ranked through Google. Furthermore, fast load times, reduced bounce rate, low data usage and engaging experiences all factor highly into SEO rankings.
“We built DEITY Falcon with the F.I.R.E principal in mind – Flexible, Integrable, Reliable and Extensible – to give merchants the total freedom and opportunity to build what they need without any limitations. By combining BigCommerce’s open SaaS headless platform as the core back-end eCommerce engine and DEITY Falcon as the PWA front end, enterprise merchants can create unique, high-scalable mobile web experiences without the need to invest heavily in multiple platforms that won’t drive sales,”
“For DEITY, the partnership with BigCommerce is a logical next step in making Progressive Web Apps and headless architectures the standard of the eCommerce world. We are thrilled and excited for the future use cases we will build together.” – Jamie Maria Schouren, chief strategy officer at DEITY.
- Shopify (TSX:SHOP) Stock: Ready to Make $1 Million? – The Motley Fool Canada
- What WordPress Templates help you Sell more online? | South Florida Caribbean News – South Florida Caribbean News
- Shepherd Public Schools plans online and in-person learning options for the upcoming school year – The Morning Sun
- WordPress Accessibility! – coloradoboulevard.net
- Persistent WordPress User Injection – Security Boulevard